Sunday, September 24, 2006

Two birds

Prev | Home | Next




Yesterday as we returned from shopping there were two birds on my drive, about three feet apart. They didn't move when the car pulled up, or when we got out and went into the house.

In fact, on the way in my wife stroked one of them. I got my camera and went back out, lay on the ground near them and took a few photos. They didn't look in any distress at all, and were watching what was going on around them.

After about 40 minutes we had to go out again and they were still there, they hadn't moved an inch. This time my son stroked one of them. According to my daughter they had gone shortly after we drove away in the car.

I thought initially they were chaffinches, however my mate Les informed me they were bullfinches.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Les is wrong and you are right the birds are Chaffinches, Bullfinches have a rosy pink breast and black head and back feathers.

Sat Feb 17, 10:37:00 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home