Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Old Council building

Prev | Home | Next




This is a shot of the old Redcar and Cleveland Council offices. The council moved everybody up to a brandspanking new clinical looking building in Guisborough. Shortly after the vandals moved in.

All the lead was taken from the roof and the windows were put through. I'm not quite sure how that corner of the building has been destroyed, looks like somebody started to take a wrecking ball to it.

It's a shame these old buildings are either being knocked down or left to rot and vandalised. Central Middlesbrough is the same, with two of the more historical buildings being flattened in the last couple of months.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You’ve captured well the rapid decline of this not-so-old building. Always sad to see any building of merit come down but it happens all too often. Do you know of the plans for this site, which I take it is in Cargo Fleet?

Wed Oct 11, 10:27:00 am GMT  
Blogger Andy L said...

AG, No I don't know what's planned for the building. I'll try and find out though.

Doing at bit of detective work, I deduced you are based in the Chiswick area of London. So I'm interested in how you know the building was at Cargo Fleet?

Wed Oct 11, 12:17:00 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No mystery, Andy, I merely checked where the council had moved to and where they came from in an attempt to see what was to happen with that rather nice old building they left behind. I doubt the new structure will stand the test of time so well or that anyone will mourn its passing when the time comes.

Honored by the Listing, btw. Thank you.

Wed Oct 11, 08:23:00 pm GMT  
Blogger Andy L said...

True AG, true. I'll take a shot of the new building at some point, although as you can probably guess it won't be as interesting.

I always look on your blog AG, in my opinion it's cetainly one of the better ones around. keep up the good work.

Thu Oct 12, 07:31:00 am GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This building has been built by a private company, it is now being converted into apartments

Kris Redcar

Tue Dec 08, 12:45:00 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home